Alabama Hiking Trail Society's Annual AlaRuck will be November 5-6, 2016, Flagg Mountain, Weogufka, Alabama.
Big thanks to John Calhoun for completing some much needed maintenance on the Pinhoti Trail.
Pinhoti Trail Mtce., Cheaha St Pk/USFS from AL 281 Scenic drive crossing north July 18,19,21,23,27 & 29, 2016
All of these were morning solo work trips except July 27 when Marion & Emily Campbell worked too. We cleared 1.9 miles of trail to the Bald Rock Jct. I also replaced the Blue Mt. Shelter log book and broom
Total Time 39.7 hrs., drive time 15.4 hrs., 796 miles. 1.9 mile of trail cleared, 6 trips.
- Visiting and encouraging others to visit Oak Mountain State Park on for Love Your State Parks Day, 2016!
- Setting up a booth/tent at Oak Mountain to advertise your organization on September 24, 2016 for Love Your State Parks Day, 2016!
- Organizing programming such as a day hike, environmental talk, educational program, etc. to be added to the list of events at Oak Mountain on .
- Advertising the date on your social media outlets or website
- Organizing a group of volunteers to make improvements to the Demonstration Farm at Oak Mountain on - (These improvements include: repairing the fencing, animal enclosures, and painting, etc.)
- Creating a PSA or other promotional materials about the event
- Sponsoring promotional materials such as t-shirts, signs, etc.
- Distributing literature to visitors at the park regarding the upcoming vote on Amendment 2 in the fall
- Donating food, water or other materials to be distributed to volunteers and visitors
I have been out of touch for awhile but wanted to send a shout out to all the subscribers and members out there in the hiking community. I woke up this morning and my wheels were turning and I wanted to reach out to everyone about items pressing on my mind.
|27 Oct 2016|
07:00PM - 08:30PM
AHTS - River Region Meeting
|08 Nov 2016|
07:00PM - 09:00PM
AHTS - Gulf Coast Meeting
|10 Nov 2016|
07:00PM - 08:00PM
AHTS - Tuscaloosa Meeting
|10 Nov 2016|
07:30PM - 08:30PM
AHTS - Birmingham Metro Meeting